Veginsights was a regular market insights publication for the vegetable industry, produced as part of the Consumers & Markets sub-program of the Vegetable Industry Development Program. It provided participants in the industry with insights into the trading dynamics and influences in the market on a regular basis, tracking market variables each week, and providing category profiles monthly and market reports each quarter.
It included coverage of:
- Retailer vegetable promotional activity
- Demand influence between salad components and soft-cooked vegetables
- Shopper behavior patterns and insights
- Capital city market weather profiles
- News and other insights relevant to the vegetable supply chain from global news sources
The information explaining market trends relevant to the vegetable sector were designed into a range of information packages accessible to industry participants:
- Weekly Market Variables: a headline summary of the primary market variables that were impacting on the vegetable market in the last week. This information was placed on the AUSVEG website: www.ausveg.com.au.
- Veginsights monthly: a 6-8 page newsletter that quantified vegetable sales, summarised major market activity, global and local news and innovations of relevance, and included a detailed vegetable category profile for a different vegetable product each month.
- Veginsights Quarterly Market Report: consolidated all available market data into a series of tracking variables and profiled buyer behaviour and household vegetable consumption patterns for a defined set of household segments. This output also provided insights into a selected market or vegetable consumer issue.
- A set of Vegetable Case Studies that were available to groups and individual growers to use as learning tools that conveyed how the vegetable market works.